Wednesday, January 23, 2013

ARGUMENTATIVE ESSAY-There shouldn't be EOP ins GLPS.

 "EOP Violation. What's your name and class?" Today, I've got another EOP Violation. So, I have to memorize my EOP paper, and I know it will take a long time, and my history presentation is tomorrow. in my opinion, there shouldn't be EOP in GLPS.

 Students get stressed when they get EOP Violation. EOP is English Only Policy which means that students in GLPS should use English all the time, and students in GLPS hate it. When we get EOP Violation we should memorize EOP paper which take a long time. So students should really be careful not to use Korean. Ewen though we used itaccidently, not on purpose, they catch us. So, it's giving us, students, a lot of stress.

 EOP take our time away. In GLPS, we have a lot of homework. We should prepare for mock trial and history presentation. We also have writing assignment such as odes, drabble, and argumantative essay. however instead of memorizing history presentation, we are memorizing our EOP paper, and in my opinion this doesn't make sense. Also, EOP paper is hard to memorize. Some of them are lyrics, there's conversation, and also Romeo and Juliet. Romeo and Julietis written in old English and it's harder to memorize. So, it takes long time and I can't do my homework properly.

 Some people say it's just a rule to help our studies. However, I don't think so. EOP doesn't help our English. We gust say in our words that we know, or we gust don't talk to each other. Many of the student memorize it with out understanding. They just read it, not memorize it. They don't memorize it to study, they memorize it to not to get yellow cards. Also, I don't think song lyrics or conversations oftwo people or Romeo and Juliet, are not useful in our life. So, I think EOP doesn't help our studies.

 Some people say we are here to study, so we should use English. We're here to study, so what? We can study using Korean. Of course, we SHOULD use English in forigner's class such as history, denate, and writing. It's not a manner using Korean in front of forigner teachers. However, why should we use English in dormitory and on self study time? If we use English in second self study time in cafeteria (twelveth floor) preparing the mock trial, we can't tell them my opinion properly and it's very frustrating all of us. That doesn't help us studying.

 As a rusult, I think there shouldn't be EOP in GLPS. Students get stressed of EOP. Teachers catch us even though it's an accident. EOP takes our time away. We have a lot of things to do here. Teachers give us a lot of homework and we should study. However, students can't study because they have to memorize the EOP paper of that day. Some people say EOP helps our studies, but I don't think so. EOP stops us from delivering our minds. Especially, EOP paper interrupts studying. Therefore I think EOP is not needed in GLPS.

4 comments: